- Native proficiency in the teaching language with a native accent
- English language proficiency (operational language for daily interactions with the Berlitz team)
- Able to travel and teach at various locations around Vietnam as needed
- Willingness to abide by teaching standards set by the company
- Have relevant teaching certification (such as CELTA) and/or some teaching experience, though not compulsory.
- An open attitude towards other cultures
- Willingness and ability to teach all Berlitz customers (adults, kids, teens, individuals, groups)
- Be flexible with working hours, including the ability to work on weekday evenings and Saturdays
Training & Development
- IQP - Instructor Qualification Program (Training)
- Typically 4-5 days (depending on the number of instructor candidates
- Number of candidates / trainees varies from 1 - 8.
- IQP sessions run several times throughout the year (varies depending on Berlitz need for instructors and number of applicants). For details please speak with the Manager of Instruction at the 1st interview
- Blended training - online self-study modules and live training with trainer (online and/or face to face)
- IQP is a "Qualification" program - candidates must successfully complete the entire program to be hired
- Regular lesson observations and feedback sessions to improve lesson delivery and quality
- Berlitz Vietnam instructors work on a "per-lesson" basis - Lessons are
45 minutes each
- The monthly number of lessons taught will vary (monthly salary will vary)
- Increases in instructor rates are subject to management evaluation and appraisal
- There is no minimum guarantee of lessons per month
- Access to world-class Berlitz training programs and workshops.
- Flexibility: as instructors are on a "per-lesson" basis, there is no paid vacation leave. Instructors can request longer vacation leave periods, but these are subject to approval, especially during the year-end and/or other peak periods.
- Career path - ability to move up in a multinational company with various positions available for experienced instructors.
- Transferring to other Berlitz locations is possible following successful training and experience teaching.
- Semi-flexible hours - although instructors have a set availability schedule, they are not scheduled to teach all day, so they have breaks to run errands.
Visa / Work Permit / Teaching License
Instructor candidates must hold a valid Vietnam work visa / dependent visa or a Vietnam permanent residency.
- 1. Applicant applies through our website, filling in all information and uploading their resume/CV
- 2. Applicants will receive a questionnaire via email and should complete it emailing it back to Berlitz.
- 3. Applicants who match Berlitz requirements will be invited for a 1st interview with the Manager of Instruction (either online or face-to-face).
- 4. If the applicant passes the 1st interview, they will be invited for a 2nd interview again with the Manager of Instruction and the Director
(either online to face-to-face).
- 5. If the applicant passes the 2nd interview, they will be invited for the IQP (Instructor Qualification Program) training.
- 6. If the candidate successfully completes the IQP (4-5 days), they can begin teaching right away.
- 7. They will be issued with a contract that is renewable yearly, subject to appraisal.
- 8. The contract includes a probationary period of at least 2 months.
The duration might be adjusted based on experience and commitment level (in terms of availability to teach).